Introducing the DEATH JACKAL (CR 1) from Kong: Skull Island
- Cryptozoological Classification: Spinae Mortern
- Length: 6-12 feet
- Classification: Necroserpere
- Sub-Division: Canus
- Predation: Carnivorous
- Habitat: Skull Island
Death Jackals are among the more populous and widespread superspecies on Skull Island. Their anatomy appears reptilian, with scaly skin, fleshy spines on their back and muzzle, and dinosaur-like hind legs and foreclaws. On the other hand, their behavior is much more mammalian, as they are highly energetic, warm-blooded, and give birth to live young. Their biology is just plain bizarre, with milky white blood and heredity unlike any of the terrestrial analogs they resemble.
The most remarkable trait of the Death Jackals is their insatiable hunger and frenzied behavior. They are practically always on the hunt, from the moment they are born to the moment they die. They don’t seem to have any need for sleep and hunt both night and day. They will not just attack prey species, but quite commonly attack and eat other Death Jackals. While they can be found hunting in groups, these associations rarely last long, as they eventually turn on one another. There have even been reports of Death Jackals attempting to eat themselves, often biting off their own tails.
- Large animal
- Defense: 13
- Hit Points: 37 (5d10 + 10)
- Speed: 50 feet
- STR: 15 (+2)
- DEX: 16 (+3)
- CON: 15 (+2)
- INT: 5 (-3)
- WIS: 14 (+2)
- CHA: 2 (-4)
- SENSES: passive Perception 12, Nightvision
- KEEN SMELL: They have advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
- SPINES: Any combatant that grapples or bites them takes 5 (1d8+1) piercing damage (ignores armor).
- POUNCE: If they move at least 20 feet straight toward a target and then hit it with a claw attack on the same turn, that target must make a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked Prone. If the target is Prone, they can make one bite attack against it as a bonus action.
- BITE: Melee Attack: +5 to hit, PV 2, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d10+3) piercing damage.
- CLAW: Melee Attack: +5 to hit, PV 1, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8+3) slashing damage.